-->

Real Life Series: My Early days on the Internet: My Reflection and Lessons - 2

- 00:36

Before I was gifted a Nokia phone that could browse very well, I would visit a cybercafe and sit down in the next 4-8 hours chatting.


I almost got in a relationship with the cybercafe attendant because of free time extension *covers face*

When I finally got my Nokia phone, I said bye bye to Cybercafe. My visit became very rare.

Now, I can do all I want to with my phone. I was never out of a browsing airtime. When am cooking, am chatting, when I am in the church, am chatting, when am in a public place, am chatting. It got to the point I no longer had to look at my keypad to type in the words.

I would chat from morning till midnight. Sleep a few hours and continue chatting away.

I burnt many pots while cooking. I also did not fail to oversalt the food. I was known as the salt mistress because I never miss a meal without oversalting.

As people grow, their senses grow right? Mine was growing but I couldn't place my mind on where exactly it was growing to.

I was cut in between being a church girl and a very 'good' bad online girl. I had two different lives, an online and offline life. I mean I knew lots of unhealthy things not fit for consumption.

Nobody around me would ever believe I had gone that far because  I looked very quiet with the most innocent face you can ever imagine.

I had many profiles on many trending social media platforms with different names and pictures so you would never detect who you're up with.

Depending on who I chat up with, I can assume anyone or any role. There are times I would pretend to be a doctor, psychologist, human resource personnel, teacher, certified counsellor and the list is endless.

It continued...

With all these, 80% of my time on the internet, I often spend it trying to help someone going through pain.

I had many instances where young girls confided in me of being pregnant and attempted abortion or already did. I can't imagine the pain those young girls were going through because of a bad decision from the parents.

Hmmmm, I thought of adopting many children o.

Mehn, people are going through shits but what can I do o? I had more advise than money with me back then.
Advertisement

 

Start typing and press Enter to search